Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Camera Obscura's Latest Album "Desire Lines"

(I'm having shoulder surgery in less than 7 hours. It's 12:22 am.)

Camera Obscura
Desire Lines

cool, rhythmic, jazzy, soulful, soft, mellow, Scottish pop music: plenty of quips, barbs, humour, melody, stories, self-deprecation, heartbreak, squish squish, plenty of poems, squish squish, I love this music, I have since "Underachievers Please Try Harder". Is there a better album title? Is there a better album? It was a record in Prospect Park I listened to and felt better. It might be the one album that I associate with a good time in my life. laugh out loud. The Tea Lounge cafe in Park Slope, 7th and Union, where I went with my loneliness, and my loneliness left me to talk to the hot barista for a while so I could listen to Camera Obscura or maybe stream an Oakland A's game when mlb.tv was in its infancy. I love this music. And now Desire Lines, with its unsurprisingly beautiful cover art, and its surprisingly groovy first two tracks. You're like "damn, that's kindof Jay-Zesque". Ok, no. nobody says that. But, Curtis Mayfield, yes, definitely yes, and I'm thinking of the song "So In Love". Camera Obscura brought a surprising groove to the potluck at my house, and it makes me feel damn happy again, again at a good time in my life.

Camera Obscura
Desire Lines

with love in lines of desire,
Anthony

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESTd0AHkzlQ





No comments:

Post a Comment