Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Show! Why Come?

On Thursday next week, there's gonna be a show at the Hotel Utah.  Why should you take time out of your important, busy schedule and come?  I would say most importantly the music is going to be good.

All three performers, Katie, Gyasi and Starr are singer/songwriters.  They will each take the stage with just an acoustic guitar and their voice.  Each will play alone for about 45 minutes.  But they are different in good ways.  And their differences will play off each other and make the show interesting.  All three care deeply about music.  I have seen them all perform live and was drawn to each of them, enough to invest my time and energy to co-organize this show to bring people in contact with their music.

With a solid foundation of good music, coming to this event will give you an opportunity to connect with real people.  There is always an opportunity for shared connection between people during and after live music.  This can be a special space.  My belief is that the people drawn to this show, most friends of the performers, me and my co-organizer, Yasya, are good folk.  I anticipate there will be a positivity that runs through conversations and the connections made at this show.

There will be beer, revelry, good times.  It's your show.  You get to experience it how you want to.  You help create the larger experience.

I took next week off, mainly so I could go out and put up signs in coffee shops and hand out flyers, old school style.  There's a lot of love being put into this show, from everyone involved.  Even Anthony who was originally going to play, but had to cancel because his younger brother is graduating from high school on the same night, has remained heavily involved in getting the word out.  All three of the performers have put the work in.  Yasya and I have put the work in.  This is usually a sign something good is going to happen.  But you never know. It's the mystery of not knowing that's both exciting and uncomfortable.  It's the mystery that will hopefully compel you to come out.

I hope to see you there.

much love,
Anthony


No comments:

Post a Comment