Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Here We Go Magic - great live!

I'm writing tonight, Tuesday night, because on Thursday I'll be at The Show!  Tonight I went to see Here We Go Magic at the Independent.  They were great.  Really beautiful and fantastic. Even the down-tempo stuff on the album that I have a harder time getting into was great. They really brought it out and mashed it up with the uptempo stuff.  They are expert musicians, precise, complex, layered.  But also just down to jam and have a good time.

I got to see Peter a little bit after the show.  He's the drummer for Here We Go Magic, but I met him back in 2006 in nyc when he was in Trick and the Heartstrings.  I love Peter.  He's got such good, welcoming energy.  He's now pretty much a total rock-star, but he was happy to see me and really wanted to meet Abbey.  Wonderful connection.  And he's a good fucking drummer!  He was before, but his chops have obviously improved. That's what happens when you play a lot, or do anything a lot, usually. You get better.  Peter had to play some seriously up-tempo shit that had to interlock with intricate guitar work.  And the band's new bass player, this chick that looks like Florence from Florence and the Machine, she was bad ass.  She fucking rocked and can sing.

I absolutely recommend you go out and see Here We Go Magic if you get the chance.  And in the meantime buy their new album, "A Different Ship".  I love the cover art:

much love,
Anthony

ps - I'm still dancing to this song...

How Do I Know

6/15/12
pps - The Show! went great. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment