Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Age of Women

I want one day to have a little girl.  I want her to get a micro-loan from the Grameen Bank. She will purchase a goat.  She will share this goat with the other little girls in her small, progressive, private school in Berkeley. And from this goat they will make a little money.  With the money made, my little girl will invest in bigger things.  She will choose a career that suits her.  She will struggle; she will suffer. But she will overcome challenges and find a happiness that runs throughout her life.  She will carry this happiness to her death.  It is the age of women.  The age of women coming into power and fundamentally changing art, science, politics, business and human relationships.

I give you a beautiful song about women written by men. Oh the ironies and the contradictions we face.

Animal Collective "My Girls"

with love for my little girl, and the little girl inside of me,
Anthony

ps - just to be clear, Abbey is not pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment