Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Done Got Old!!!

My god.  This is an order: Go to iTunes and buy Junior Kimbrough's "First Recordings."  Six songs, $6.  This shit is amazing.  I can't even describe how good this shit is.  This is the best blues music I have ever heard.  On Junior's wikipedia someone is quoted as saying he is "the beginning and end of music," and I swear to god this person is right.  The song keeps ending, and I have to keep starting it again.  It's so bluesy and so beautiful.  I just apologize to all of you for not knowing, not telling you about Junior Kimbrough before.  I am terribly sorry.  And to those of you have known all along, why have you not shared this with me!  That is okay, you are forgiven.  We are imperfect, but sometimes the music is not.

Here:

Meet Me in the City

On First Recordings, he has a song called, "Done Got Old."  at one point he sings, "I can't do the things I used to do, I'm an old man...I can't love like I used to, now things done changed, I done got old."



with love love love love love love love,
Anthony

No comments:

Post a Comment