Wednesday, October 6, 2010

shrapnel danced flesh

My apologies to all the readers across the country, throughout the world. I have not been a good friend. Failing to post with any regularity. Like bowel movements these postings should be regular and relieve internal pressure. There is an excuse! I've been getting a new job and starting a new job and focused on a new job. I'm a Graduate Student Services Advisor in the Department of Psychology at the University of California, Berkeley. I am using my left brain. I am in love with organization and time management and leadership. Those heretics to creative brilliance. But I have not forgotten about you fair reader. I have been welling up with content, feeling like none of it is worth making public. But there are some older documents that I now want to post. You will find a new poem ("shrapnel danced flesh") and an album review ("Deus Ex Machina") to your right. The poem will not be prefaced with an explanation, mostly because I am not capable of providing one. The album review is of Neon Bible, Arcade Fire's second album. I completed this review a few years ago when that album was released. As for future postings, please demand that I write about my experience at the Fox Theater in Oakland bearing witness to the Black Keys, those white boy thieves. That genius little white man and his drummer shredding musical content. I haven't felt a crowd react like that in some time. Very much from the gut bucket. And then the Arcade Fire at the Greek in Berkeley. There is much to discuss.

If you haven't been listening to the Rolling Stones reissue "Plundered My Soul," I suggest you do so.

I continue to love you all and crave your connection.

Anthony

No comments:

Post a Comment