Sunday, October 30, 2011

Holland, 1945

(best to turn your volume down)

Holland, 1945

(now you can slowly turn your volume up)

A little background: the song was inspired by and/or is about Anne Frank's life.

Consider these lyrics:

"now she's a little boy in Spain
playing pianos filled with flames"

I'd like to ask you to do a little writing exercise, no more than 30 minutes.  I know you are super busy, but I'd still like to ask you to do the following: Think about these lyrics in relation to your life and then start writing. Think about these lyrics in the context of the song and these lyrics alone. Of course, there is no right answer.  Are the lyrics confusing?  Do they make you feel something?  Are they about a relationship, a woman, history, war, life, death, music, creativity, meaning?  If you decide to do this, you can use my prompt about these lyrics to get started and then just write wherever it takes you.  10 minutes, 20 minutes, 30 minutes, whatever amount of time works.  If you do this freewrite, please email me whatever you finish with.  I'd love to read your reaction.

much love,
Anthony

No comments:

Post a Comment