Tuesday, August 17, 2010

the open mic

In my first post, I promised an actual post. Here it is. On a Tuesday night in July, I brought my guitar and harmonica to the Starry Plough in Berkeley, and played my first open mic. The experience was so fraught with emotional highs and lows, I felt like writing it all down might help me get some perspective. You can read my description of the night and its aftermath here.

If after reading this account of my little foray into live musical performance, you feel yourself desperately needing to hear me sign Bob Dylan's Mr. Tambourine Man, go ahead on over to myspace. I know you haven't been there in a while, but trust me, it's still an okay place to visit as long as you don't stay too long. It's not such a bad neighborhood. Not too dangerous. After all, it's just a ragged clown behind, I wouldn't pay it any mind.


You my fair reader/listener are inspiration and fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment